Session Ideas for the Whole Family
Are you wanting updated images of your family but wanting something different than standing in a field or a park looking at the camera? Then you have come to the right place! Don't get me wrong, I love a good field or park, but tailoring a session to a family is so much fun and makes it that much more special.
Here are some ideas that I have come up with based on activities that families like to do together:
1. Cooking or Baking: Do you love baking cookies as a family? This in home session is perfect for you then! These can make some of the cutest shots, and if you don'y mind a little mess, a food fight with flour photographs wonderfully! I would even stay and help you clean (as long as I got a fresh-out-of-the-oven cookie!)
2. Hiking: This one does not need much explaining to paint a picture! Hiking through the forest and ending up at the top of a mountain or at a lake! Beautiful scenery!
3. Fishing: Fly fishing, ice fishing, or out on your boat; either way, if you love it, it will make for some of your favorite photos.
4. Outdoor Mini Golf/Go Carting: Spend a day at the Park Drive-In enjoying some competitiveness between you! Racing on the Go Carts, and then seeing who can win at Mini Golf.
5. Geocaching: Document you looking for your next Geocache as a family!
6. Build a Snowman: Build a snowman, have a snowball fight, write your names in the snow, and have some hot chocolate in cute tin cups!
7. Sidewalk Chalk: Because who doesn't love playing in the driveway with sidewalk chalk! I am 30 years old and I still love drawing out hop scotch and writing my name with hearts 10,000 times ALL OVER!
8. Backyard campout/Smores: Ummm fun! Some of my favorite memories as a kid are from when my brother and I pitched the tent in the backyard and had a campout! We can get photos of you guys putting up the tent, and then roasting 'smores afterwards!
9. Pick Fruit: There is a farm in Prince George that lets you go pick raspberries and blueberries. If you love fresh fruit, photos of you guys picking them would be awesome! Then afterwards enjoy some fresh pie at their store! *swoon*
10. Wade in the Water: Prince George has some awesome shallow ponds and creeks all around to go wading in with the whole family. Search for frogs and tadpoles, splash around, and just have fun together exploring!
Basically I say when thinking of your photos, think about things you like to do together, and trying to incorporate them. If you have family members who hate having their photo taken, this may make it more enjoyable for them and we will be able to capture some memorable moments of all of you being yourselves and being unique!
What are some of your favorite activities to do as a family? I would love to hear!